Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Catching Up

Last night I met one of my BFF's for our annual Christmas Dinner.  We elect to go out to dinner, just the two of us, to catch up and sip martinis rather than trying to find each other a gift. It's a great date that we always have around the holidays.  Since she doesn't live in the same town anymore, keeping in touch and getting together just gets harder and harder.  
We always go to Bonefish Grill.  And we love their pomegranate martinis! They are delicious!  Rather than olives found in a traditional martini, frozen grapes are the garnish of this drink.  So scrumptious that I have to stop at two, although I could probably drink eight because they taste so good!
And of course, their classic Bang Bang Shrimp for our appetizer!
It was wonderful to catch up and get to see one of my dearest friends.  I love these times and keeping in touch is so important for friendships to last.  But every time me and my friend get together it's like no time as passed, we just leave off where we were last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment