Friday, December 9, 2011

Just Call Me Professor

I cannot, cannot believe that I haven't posted in this long amount of time! For this, please forgive me.  Time has just slipped away this holiday season!  Thanksgiving was a busy weekend for us, considering we still have to go to both my husband's and my family's house to eat (but I don't complain about the whole eating thing).  It was wonderful to be surrounded by family that loves us all under one roof counting our blessings.  

Hudson, our pup, has happily turned 10 months old and is still going through some teenage growing pains, defying us at every possible turn.  But we find ourselves excitedly planning on what we are going to buy him for Christmas!  Ah, having fur babies is always an adventure
Thoughtful pose.
Sure, he looks sweet now.
Last weekend I attended a retirement celebration for one of my favorite college professors, Terry Rothgeb.  He traveled with a group of us in school to Germany and he was a blast to travel with.  He was a wonderful educator, mentor and friend.  I can't imagine my school without him.  But, I am very happy for him and hope he has a wonderful retirement (he told me about his future travelings to Palm Springs, Munich, Berlin, just to name a few).  
 The title of this post is referring to a new adventure for me starting in January.  I have accepted a part-time teaching position at University of Kentucky's College of Design and am looking forward to it so much. My class will be only two nights a week for two hours each class, so this way it won't interfere with my full-time position.  I can't wait to give back to my school that I am so proud of.  I am also excited to teach the students about the "real world", and what it is really like to practice interior design day-to-day.  The Lord has blessed me with this opportunity and thanks to a wonderful friend's recommendation of me, I finally get to educate!  Wish me luck!

And another update, I have been working on a new hotel/restaurant project that has taken up every waking minute of my work week!  Very exciting new project though and very blessed to have it.  I have been waiting 5 years to work on a hotel and the opportunity has finally arrived.  Hooray!

Hopefully this weekend the hubby will be painting our kitchen and living room.  It was one of my hot items on my Christmas list.  And tomorrow night is our family's annual family dinner at Sal's (an absolutely fantastic restaurant here in Lexington).  My husband'sHere comes the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment