Thursday, July 7, 2011

Green with Envy

Green is my favorite color so of course it was a color in my wedding.  I combined it with charcoal, ivory (versus white due to my dress color) and a deep purple (to add tones using flowers and accessories).  A co-worker of mine is planning her wedding for next year and she also shares a love of green, so therefore it will play an integral role in her wedding color wise.  She will be using black to pair with the green, I wanted to show some inspiring photos for others who share our love of green.  When using such a bright color you need to be careful not to drench the place, making it look like the wicked witch had been there.  But rather subtle touches, beautiful centerpieces, table runners & chair sashes are wonderful ways of brightening up a reception hall without being too overbearing.  This is where your secondary colors take their part and support your scheme.  Here's to happy planning!  I just love weddings! Le sigh.
I love this cake and the white chocolate covered apples, beautiful.
I am a sucker for paper lanterns and pops of green on chair sashes work wonders.


All about simplicity.  Centerpieces house the beautiful color here.
Green apple prop with bride and groom, super cute and colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment