Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Peachy Keen

 Last Saturday the husband, pup and I went over to join my aunt, uncle and cousin at my parent's house for dinner.  Although the heat was stifling, it cooled down enough by dinner time to enjoy our meal patio side.  Marinated chicken, fresh farmer's market green beans, cornbread  (this cornbread recipe of my mom's is wonderful and I will have to post this separately!), coleslaw and corn-on-the-cob was served.  We were all so stuffed!  Everything was absolutely delicious, included our impromptu appetizer: my aunt had made pasta salad with pasta from the farmer's market, tons of veggies, Italian dressing, basil oil and herbs. She threw all the ingredients in a bowl, tossed and the result was scrumptious! 

Everything was so wonderful I wasn't sure how dessert could compare, but oh how surprised I was!  My aunt had purchased fresh peaches from the farmer's market that morning and cut each one in half and removed the pit.  My father lit up the grill and placed each half face down on the grill until grill marks were made, this took about 6 minutes on high heat.  He continued to turn them over the check on how they were looking.  Then my aunt mixed Marscapone, cinnamon, honey and some powdered sugar in a bowl.  Adding each ingredient as necessary for taste.  Then placing the peaches face up so the grill marked were exposed, she dolloped a helping of the Marscapone  mixture on each peach and served immediately.  
My aunt and uncle just returned from Germany and brought a delicious summer sweet wine called Sommer Zeit, it went wonderfully with the peaches.  I hope to make this at my own house very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment