Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Re-Inventing Ramen

I'm not sure why the flood of cooking posts lately, but I'm going with it.  Last night I was in the mood for Asian cuisine.  However, I was not in the mood to spend money at a restaurant or the grocery.  So, I had to work with what I had. I found a recipe online and just tweaked it like I usually do, to more of my style.

1. Saute edamame beans, frozen peas, frozen sliced carrots, and any other vegetables you'd like with a tablespoon of butter until tender.

2. Then add 2 cups of water and the ramen noodles.  Cook noodles until fully cooked.

3. Drain some, not all, of the water out of the pan and return to stovetop.

4. Add the ramen flavor packet and a little bit of either soy or teriyaki sauce.  Simmer for a few minutes.

5. Serve and enjoy!  I eat with chopsticks when I am at home so I can practice in the comfort of my own home instead of looking foolish at my local hibachi. 

This dish was so easy and scrumptious that I made it two nights in a row.  Serve with eggrolls, sushi or eat it by itself.  And with the bad economy, a meal that it's main ingredient only costs 20 cents a package, not too bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment