Thursday, November 3, 2011

Super Saver

I'm sure you've heard of this fantastic show, but I had not as of a couple of weeks ago - Extreme Couponing!  I am obsessed and determined to give it a whirl (and hopefully to change the way I shop).  When we were on our anniversary and staying at a hotel I had the television on in the background while we were getting ready to go out and this show was on.  Hubby and I couldn't stop watching.  We watched four episodes back-to-back!  We wanted more! We wanted to learn more! We wanted to try it!
on TLC.
As a newlywed couple we are starting our new life together and in the early years of our professional careers.  Needless to say, we are not making six figures.  These crafty folks featured on the show are able to either feed their families for very little or donate their couponing talents to churches, people they know struggling, etc.  We were like, this could be awesome for us.  Grocery bills are one of the highest expenses for us these days besides car payments and insurance.  We even have cut our cable package down to save some dough.  So with the help of the Krazy Coupon Lady (great blog you should check out). I am on the right path.
This blog has templates and a 10 day plan to start you on the couponing path.  My goal is to buy about 4-6 newspapers this Sunday and to organize those suckers.  I already get supermarket weekly ads in the mail so I have been holding on to those to compare them against my coupons.  I'm not quite ready to recycle dumpster dive yet.
Working my way up to this.
However stockpiling items it important with couponing, which would ultimately have to be our garage if we turn this into part of our profession.
omigosh.
Some of my savvy idols have even been able to work part time in order to spend more time with their families.  That to me would be awesome, especially when we decide to expand our family train.  And saving money is always good, especially in this unknown economy we are in right now.  I'm finishing up my coupon notebook tonight thanks to the Krazy Coupon Lady's template so I'll be already to go on Sunday while going through the paper.  Here's to the 'ol college try!

No comments:

Post a Comment