Monday, January 9, 2012

Pinning Accomplishments (Part 2)

Since I am on a recipe kick here lately, let us continue.  Back to "What I've actually created thanks to Pinterest!"

This time we're going to talk about recipes I've seen/pinned from Pinterest that I have actually tried.  Mind my recipe board have at least 40 pins, however I have only actually made a handful.  I like to actually take a look at what I've done thanks to Pinterest.  I mean, I can be on the site for hours at a time but never create anything that I loved and inspired me so much.  This is an exercise in hopes that I will continue to re-create what I pin and that, yes it does indeed happen!

This was a lovely pin that sparked my eyes and taste buds, mainly due to the fact that it contains....what for it....Bourbon! 
Link here.
Ginger Apple Bourbon Cider! The recipe is: One parts Apple Cider, One part Ginger Ale to two parts Bourbon. I enjoyed this beverage very much this past fall, using my favorite bourbon (Woodford Reserve), Cider from a local orchard (Boyd's) and my absolute favorite ginger ale - Vernor's!  The only thing that got me was the calories from this delicious drink, so I did opt for a diet ginger ale after I learned how much I did love this. Hehe!
Link here.
Pizza Puffs: My husband is always up for eating one thing....Pizza!  Even if we had it two days ago, he'll eat it again. Delivery, DiGiorno, or whatever else you can think of he is down to eat if for dinner.  I came across this pin, first thinking of it mainly for appetizers during parties/game watching.  Then one night I was craving pizza, but didn't want to fork over the twenty odd dollars for a delivery.  I wanted to make a pizza (which we enjoy to do) and thought this pin would be perfect.  The recipe is very easy, the Pizza Puffs cook fast and most importantly are yummy!  I serve with marinara sauce on the side and we eat it with a salad.  Two thumbs way up!
Link here.
 Pumpkin Fluff was an item I made for our Halloween party last year.  Only containing a few ingredients (cool whip, pumpkin pie spice, and a couple of others), just mix and pop in fridge.  Serve when you're ready with graham cracker sticks to dip.  Very delish and something easy to make and eat at a party.
Link here.
This was another Halloween party snack I made: Mummy Dogs.  Which my husband loves so much we make it now for dinner every now and then.  Did I mention I married a kindergartner?  I wanted to serve some meat of some kind for the men to chow down on.  We had some classic chicken wings, but I made this cute little guys and had ketchup and mustard available for dipping.
Link here.
Chicken Bruschetta Bake: I am a follower of a Weight Watcher's Recipe Board and love to try out these yummy low calorie meals.  I have actually used Weight Watchers before and believe it does work and helps people with calorie and portion control.  This recipe is fairly easy.  I love these recipes where you toss everything together and bake.  This Chicken Bruschetta Casserole is a fine example. I loved it the next day too, so if you're a leftover fan (however the husband isn't, so annoying).
Link here.
These mounds of awesomeness are Oreo Bars.  Similar to Rice Krispie Treats, but with Oreos!  I recommend eating after a low cal meal such as the Chicken Bruschetta Bake so as not to feel too bad.

Under each pin I attached the link so you can see who came up with these wonderful recipes!  Enjoy them if you do try them!  And sometime actually go get the ingredients and make something delicious that you've seen on Pinterest.  You might be surprised and find a new staple for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment