Monday, January 16, 2012

Spring A'Peel with Banana

Well, it's official.  After buying 5 gallons of Amazing Gray paint in September we officially started to paint inside our home! Don't ask what has taken so long, I cannot even answer.  Yesterday for a couple of hours we began to just paint the edges so later we can strictly focus on rolling the large portions of wall space.  However as my father-in-law (who so graciously volunteered his time) and hubby were painting I was thinking to myself how blue-gray the paint was looking.  But then, I thought, well maybe because it isn't dry all the way yet. 
He doesn't even need tape!
Now after looking at it this morning, it is definitely not the color that we had picked out.  Since I am an interior designer I selected a color from my Sherwin Williams paint deck and took it into Lowe's.  They said they can match the color and so we got a such a great deal on paint during their Labor Day special we went ahead and bought our paint and supplies.  I'm hoping its the fact that my hubby and his dad didn't stir the paint prior, but we'll see.  I might paint a portion of wall tonight after stirring the paint to see if that's the case.  If that's not the issue I might have to go back to Lowe's to see if re-mixing/coloring is possible! Oh well, nothing worth doing is easy right?

But on to more enjoyable desires, like shopping!  I have a need, no a hunger, wait....a desire to go shopping!  As a newlywed we are on pretty tight budgets and shopping sure doesn't happen like it used to.  I remember my single days (and I do love my husband sooo much!) when I would just go shopping and by amazing clothes/shoes/jewelry for the hell of it. One of my favorite stores is Banana Republic.  I love their quality, classic style, and the fact that we have one in Lexington.  Another great thing that I love about shopping at Banana is that most pieces work great going from the office then out at night, and that flexibility is wonderful to me.  I also get great discounts being a cardholder, which is fantastic since every little bit helps.


Link here.
Link here.
Link here.
This trench with beautiful pink blouse and polka dot skirt would look amazing at Keeneland spring meet this year.  Look back at October for more on Keeneland here in Lexington, KY.  

I guess my style is mostly class and preppy, however I do like to have fun with several trendy pieces.  One rule I like to shop by is to purchase statement pieces.  A piece that reflects my style, the times and something that most people don't have (so in that case I have to shop at stores not located in my town or specialty local boutiques).  Happy MLK and Monday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment