Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Sale for the Ages

Saturday morning I met my mother for the most wonderful local shopping event a girl could ask for!
This did not take place on February 12th!



I love this sale! Repeat, LOVE! It only comes but twice a year.  All the local shopping boutiques in town that choose to participate mark their lovely merchandise down to AT LEAST 50% off and bring it to one convenient location, our Oleika Shriner's Temple.  It's almost a tradition with my mother and I.  Our routine is flawless (at least we'd like to think so) and can take on the crazy crowd of ladies.  Trying on clothes at this event however is uncomfortable for newcomers.  You basically are in one big room and have to undress in front of everyone!  My first visit I was scared and unsure, but now I just don't care!  I wear a tank with a built in bra and underwear that is comfy, but also doesn't expose my entire behind!  I've seen 80 year old ladies in the "fitting room" so we are all very hardcore in scoring designer clothing at a great price. 
Link here
I was able to score some lovely things from Bella Rose.  A shop that has been in Lexington for over 30 years and carries wonderful labels (including two of my favs, Milly & Tibi).  The best deal I got by far was from here and it was a beautiful gray dress originally $130, I snagged for $36!  I also picked up some beautiful designer $10 scarves.  Gotta love it!
Link here.
Another great store was present, Worlds Apart.  I scored a beautiful sweater here.  Their selection at this sale is my first place to hit up.
Lily Pulitzer c/o The Peppermint Palm
The past two years I have had wonderful luck in the shoe department from the retailer, The Peppermint Palm.  I was able to nab these Little Knotty Wedges from Lily Pulitzer at 60% off! So cute and can't wait to wear them this spring/summer.

This event will not come again until after the summer.  If anyone wants to join me to get the insider training and low down just let me know.  As I am shopping this event, I can hear ladies all around me saying, "Gosh, this is crazy!", "I am overwhelmed!", "I've never seen anything like this!".  Those people are not prepared like the regulars!  HaHa! It is so much fun and is quite an experience for any Lexingtonian.
XO
Carey


1 comment:

  1. please alert me! i want to come with you next time..teach me your ways!

    ReplyDelete