Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend? What Weekend?

Last week was a complete blur.  With piling design deadlines, school work to grade, lectures to prepare for and driving in the rain to and from Newark, Ohio.  I was one happy girl when the weekend happily arrived. We did have an unpleasant beginning to the weekend, finding out that my husband's grandfather has lung cancer.  Prayers please! But we visited him on Saturday, taking Hudson to visit as well and he was resting and begins treatment very soon. 

Saturday morning kicked off early with the local Specialty Store Sale Spectacular! Which I will post about separately. After the shopping extravaganza ended, my parent's and I went next door to Winchell's Restaurant.  A local place that has wonderful home cooked food and plenty of TVs for catching UK games!
This was my first brunch at Winchell's and I was not disappointed.  Everything was delicious! Right down to my cup of coffee.  If you eat here, definitely get their jalapeno grits.  They are, as I said to our waitress, "Da bomb!".  Hah-aha! Then the hubby and I spent some time visiting his family and running errands, only to end up at my parent's house to watch the UK Game!
With a UK victory and bourbon in hand, we all celebrated with a Filet Mignon dinner!  Cooked to perfection by my dad!  I made Pioneer Woman's fresh green beans and my mother made hash brown casserole.  Apparently my hubby didn't contribute, he just enjoyed our hard work.  I also was very proud of myself and made a Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie for dessert! Not to toot my horn, but it turned out delish.

Not to end the food fest, I woke up Sunday (a bit hungover) and thought it was a great day for pancakes!
Hudson and I enjoyed a walk, then snuggled up for a movie!  We watched The Help, my favorite movie from 2011 by far.  And Hudson liked it, but managed to sneak in a nap during the film (which is fine, he'd seen it before).
So snuggly.  And I'm usually not this yellow I swear!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, I know I'm already looking forward to the one coming up.  Happy Monday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment