Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Boo Time

It's Halloween Week! And now that I am what I call "an official adult" (not sure what that means, but after I got married I all of a sudden felt a lot more grown up) although I don't necessarily act like one sometimes. I have decided to have a Halloween Party!  Costumes are mandatory of course! I am debating on who/what to be.  My favorite that I have come up with is Red Riding Hood.  With recent movie release, heroine is brunette (usually), and it just sounds comfy to wear a cozy cape instead of a binding Halloween getup.  Smurfette was another that I thought of, with the movie coming out and everything (but I just don't look that good in blue).  So after much debate and inner struggle I have decided that Red Riding Hood would be best for me and Hudson can be my Big Bad Wolf (I asked the hubby and the offer was quickly declined).  
pretty
 Now to make a cape.  And hopefully I can find a pretty prairie girl dress like the one above.

As for the hubby, working on it.

I am however quite talented thanks to one of my best friend's help.  My friend Brittany taught me to sew and thanks to her I have been able to make some great costumes! For a few years we stuck to Will Ferrell characters.  We were actually on our honeymoon in Hawaii last Halloween so we didn't partake in the celebration last year, but here are some looks at past Halloweens. 
Octomom! 2009



Zoolander. 2008.  I made this suit but in red and Britt was Mugatu.  I can't find the pictures though!
Blades of Glory, 2007! This was a lot of sewing and my first crafted costume!
It's all in the details.  See the headband!
In 2006 Brittany made an amazing Ricky Bobby jumper, I was Chaz from wedding crashers and our friend Shayna was Elf.  We were a Will Ferrell Trio, so much fun!  Looking forward to getting back into costume making! Hope I didn't forget how to sew, hopefully it will be like riding a bike.  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment