Friday, October 28, 2011

Misadventures of Costume Making

Last night began the costume making adventure! So far, so good.  One can only hope.  I found a great and easy tutorial thanks to YouTube.
 I bought 2.5 yards of fabric on sale at Joann's and from my fabric I cut the three pieces of fabric I needed.  The video showed me the sizes of pieces, I drew the shapes in CAD then my hubby plotted them off so I could just lay it over the fabric and cut.  Now if you do not have drafting equipment like us, you can just measure with a ruler and chalk out the pieces then cut.  Tonight I will sew (and it isn't a lot of sewing, thank goodness) and add the ribbon lining around the edge.  I will let you know what it turns out like! 
Can you believe it's dry clean only! Cute and comfy though!
Underneath I'm just going to wear this cornflower blue prairie looking dress I have from Old Navy.  And super cute boots.  I also found a glossy black basket from Goodwill for 0.50! Score. I can't wait to see what my guests are coming dressed up as!  For the hubby's costume we decided on an Occupy Wall Street Participant.  Since he is really into politics and is passionate about it (not protesting, but politics) we thought it would be fun and something he is interested in debating about.  I love Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment