Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dudley's

As promised is a review of our evening of fine anniversary dining.  I decided on Dudley's on Short, considering neither of us had dined there for dinner prior. I have had the pleasure of my office treating us to a Christmas lunch last year and it was delicious, so I knew we wouldn't be disappointed on our anniversary.
Our reservations were confirmed for 7 and after swimming and sipping champagne at the hotel, we got all dressed up and heading the tremendous two blocks to the restaurant.  We arrived and were promptly seated in what I call "The Red Room".  And I call it that because the walls are a rich red (which a beautiful hand painted wall covering from Brentano) with banquettes and mirrors.  We were seated at a table for two between a table of four friends at my left and a table of two girls at my right.  This is when I wished I told the hostess it was our anniversary when making the reservations so that we weren't right in the middle of everything.  The two women were loud and distracting at times, but overall it was lovely atmosphere and decor.  
The Red Room.
Their wine list (or what I called wine "bible" is very extensive, but we decided to get a cocktail since we had wine at the hotel waiting on us).  I ordered a Dirty Vodka Martini which was smooth and knocked me on my bootay.   The husband ordered a Bourbon & Ginger, which was delicious.  Props to the bartender!  Nothing is worse than a poorly mixed drink.

We started off with Warm Brie and Baguette with fresh strawberries, raspberries and peppered walnuts. Very delicious and the fruit was so fresh, it made me sad to think about what I get at the grocery.  Farmer's Market from now on!  For my entree I decided on one of the evening's specials, Pork Tenderloin with Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Fig Balsamic Glaze.  The meat was excellently cooked to my specifications and the flavors of everything when combined was wonderful.   The husband ordered the Grilled Fillet of Beef with Chive Mashed Potatoes, baby summer squash and chimchurri for his entree. This was, we both agreed on this, WAS THE BEST STEAK WE HAVE EVER HAD! It was cooked to perfection, was tender, juicy (but not runny) and the flavor was fantastic!  We can't wait to go back and have this entree again!  And the chive mashed potatoes were creating sparks on our forks!  Everything was delicious and we will for sure go again one day!




No comments:

Post a Comment